Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Feeling Like Christmas in Dixie

This week before Christmas has been an adventure in the glories of nature in Southern Utah. We were blessed earlier this week with two days of *snow*! It is absolutely beautiful in Southern Utah when it snows. The contrast against the stunning red rock and the green pine trees is a portrait in God's great hand in all things good.

As we enter into this last few days of the hurry, scurry and excitement of this Christmas season we pray our friends and family will be blessed with love and peace in their lives. Taking a few minutes to contemplate the "reason for the season" will bless all of us.

What great blessings we have...whether we are rich or poorer in temporal wealth. Oh, if only we could spend more time being grateful and less time being envious. We truly have it all if we have love, warmth and food in our stomachs.

I have been so busy this Christmas with business duties I have truly neglected the side of me that anxiously looks forward to the holiday season. Shame on me! So, as I work on Chris's books I am making the best of it. Candles burning and Christmas music playing while I work at my desk! I can't help but occasionally break out into song blasting the Christmas tunes into the air and causing the dog to come check out my well-being...and the cat to flee from my desktop!

Merry Christmas to us all! This will be a simple Christmas for us this year. No gifts under the tree to speak of...and not as much cash to spend...but it is okay. We still have our music, candles, and fresh pine bough wreaths to thrust us into the season....READY OR NOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home